Sunday, January 8, 2012

Too Pretty for Dickens?

I for one think an actor is an actor. If he is a good actor, then watching him play is fun, if he is a bad actor, well then it is definitely no fun. Bad actors don't get better just because they are good looking or sexy. But seemingly, there are people who think that if an actor is too good looking then his acting becomes worse. Someone understand this as I don't.



Douglas Booth is one of the hottest hotties on the market right now. But his appearance in Great Expectations adapted from Charles Dickens brought in a spate of criticism aimed at his looks. I found his acting impeccable, so what have his looks got to do with it? Just because someone imagined a lump while reading the book doesn't make him a bad actor. Some people!

For others who have, like me, a crush on him, I have collected a few pictures to enjoy. On one of them, he plays with a toy that might be a slight exaggeration as to his endowment. But I couldn't claim to have any experience of the reality in that department. Not that I would say no if the situation warranted. He could drink his tea with me anytime, preferably without t-shirt, though.


Douglas Booth has been revealed to play Romeo in a new movie production of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. I am looking forward to at least one good scene with Juliet. We can always hope, can't we?


Further reading:
Andrei Ries
Taylor Lautner
Zac Efron







No comments:

Post a Comment